Standards in School Nursing
Please download this PDF to view the ANMF National School Nursing Standards (2019).
It is anticipated these standards will be used by:
- school nurses: those with experience or newcomers to school nursing
- schools: employers of school nurses and school staff
- government departments/education sectors
- professional organisations
- the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA)
- institutions offering education in nursing and/or school nursing
South Australian School Nurse Association – at the heart of student health and wellbeing.
SASNA helps to …
- connect school nurses in twice termly meetings (online attendance available), a private online forum, social media posts and through a members’ directory.
- support members through a network of experienced, qualified professionals prepared to work as a team.
- develop school nurses, encouraging research, innovative programmes in schools, and discussion of case studies, also providing access to presentations from expert guest speakers, external PD opportunities as they arise and a range of useful resources, news, events and job vacancies.
SASNA exists to support and empower school nurses in the provision of evidence-based health care to school communities through: